Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cake Balls - Beach Theme

I had an order request for cake balls with girlie beach theme and I immediately thought of beach balls, seashells, umbrellas, beach towel and flip flops.  Then I went hmmm...it would look so much better if I did a sand bar in the middle and have the cake balls around it.  I gave both options.  To do the sand bar or not.  Of course I was hoping she was going to choose to do the sand bar and she did.  I was so excited to start working on this.




The cake balls are ready to get dipped and decorated in chocolate.



Above is my little sand bar that I have created using a cake board, royal icing and brown sugar.


I thought it would be cute to do lots of different colors and designs.



Here is the final product.  I made the letters in chocolate.  I got a little creative this time and added dots to the letters. ;)



Here is a little close up of the cake balls.


Time to deliver!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! Very cute. I am hosting a dinner party with the Beach theme and am going to attempt your cake ball arrangement. I have not worked with frosting and cakes, so I am not expecting the perfection yours is, but thank you for the cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete